Below is a list of questions that the State Leadership have been frequently asked. The topics are varied but I will attempt to answer all of them, if you do not find an answer below feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will add it to the list.
- What does it take to start a chapter?
- That answer is fairly straight forward. It takes an interested person to let the state leadership team know that they want a chapter in their area. Once we know someone is interested in developing a chapter we will consider location, demographics, location relative to other chapters (over saturation is not a good thing) and then get you on the path for successful chapter development.
- I am interested in starting a chapter, but don’t want to run it what do I do?
- Often times the folks who contact us do not want to run the chapter after it is established. The State Officers will work with the Chapter Point of Contact to get the chapter running and identify likely leadership candidates. Keep in mind that the state screens all leaders prior to taking to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Why is the store not active on the website?
- Rest assure it is our goal to get the store up and running as soon as possible. However, there are factors involved that must be worked through before this is feasible. As soon as it becomes possible we will take the store active.
- Why doesn’t the Virginia Chapter execute every tasking that is emailed from National?
- While it is easy to conceive missions that sound great on paper, they are not always feasible at the state or local level. The State Leadership take every tasking under advisement and then decide if the mission is able to be implemented. If it is then we execute troop leading procedures and make it happen. If it is not we notify National of our inability to comply. We will never commit our members to a mission that is ill advised, contrary to our mission statement or that puts them at risk for personal lose with out extremely compelling reason.
I am sure that there are many questions missed here, feel free to comment them below and one of the state officers will answer and add it to the list.
I wish everyone a great weekend and stay safe!