To ensure that the Organization is always protected against negative publicity and/or legal action, and to ensure that the preservation of our prestige and reputation is always at the forefront of any actions or behavior on the part of all members, each member of Virginia Oath Keepers agrees to the following conditions.
PLEASE NOTE: Once these have been read, it is required that each member fill out the form at the bottom of the page:
- Members will respect the personal dignity of all members, especially in resolving disagreements. Members will be honest and truthful with other members, and will avoid deception at all costs.
- Members will work to build a good personal reputation and will work to help fellow members build their reputations as well.
- Members will use good manners, and avoid offensive language and taunting.
- Members will familiarize themselves with the by-laws of the State Organizations and will act in accordance with such. Officers will maintain complete knowledge of all by-laws, and will be responsible for acting in complete accordance with such.
- Any member who is engaged in activities that are outside of the Oath Keepers mission must not wear any National or VAOK logos or utilize any pamphlets, banners, stickers, web links or any other reference to Oath Keepers that would suggest that said activities are sanctioned by and involve participation or collaboration with Oath Keepers.
- Members and especially Officers will never engage in slander of any person, or threaten any person in word or deed.
- Members will be accountable for all choices made of their own free will.
- Members will adhere strictly to all applicable rules, regulations, by-laws and guidelines of this Organization (VAOK) Additionally, when providing information relative to expenses, members will provide clear, accurate and detailed information.
- All members will respect the votes, actions and recommendation of the Board of Directors. Board of Directors members will respect the members right to appeal any action taken by the Board of Directors, and will work cooperatively with members to resolve differences, within the guidelines specified in the by-laws.
- Virginia Oath Keepers By-Laws Section 8.04 Code of Conduct: All members must understand that their actions not only reflect on Virginia Oath Keepers but on the entire military, law enforcement, fire fighters and first responder, former and current, and community.
- We strive to maintain a positive image within our communities and states. All members are fully and solely accountable for their actions while members of Oath Keepers.
- All Virginia Oath Keepers Members shall possess and maintain high moral and ethical standards and uncompromised integrity for continued membership in Oath Keepers.
- All members are to conduct themselves in a courteous and lawful manner at all times. Members are expressly prohibited from fraternizing with known criminals, known or suspected criminal organizations and their members, associates or affiliates.
- Oath Keepers and its members are responsible to maintain the integrity and honor of this organization. Oath Keepers shall have a zero tolerance policy for actions that bring disrespect, dishonor or disrepute on Oath Keepers or the military, law enforcement, fire fighters and first responder community.
- Oath Keepers will not advocate, be a member, or associate with, any organization, formal or informal, that advocates the overthrow of the government of the United States or the violation of the Constitution thereof
- Oath Keepers will not advocate, be a member, or associate with, any organization, formal or informal, that advocates discrimination, violence, or hatred toward any person based upon their race, nationality, creed, or color
- Oath Keepers will not partake in activities that cause themselves to be convicted of treason or felony in any state or territory of the United States
- Oath Keepers reserves the right in its sole discretion, to withhold, deny, or revoke the membership of any person whom Oath Keepers determines will dilute, impair or disrupt Oath Keeper’s mission, dishonor, or in any manner bring ill repute to Oath Keepers.
- All members agree to accept the leadership of the Oath Keepers Virginia Board of Directors and the Virginia officers, such as the President and Vice Presidents and their designated representatives, and you agree to accept the leadership of the official Oath Keepers leadership within your regional chapter (which answers to the Virginia Board of Directors and the Virginia officers) anytime you act as an Oath Keepers member.
Violation of this Code of Conduct will be the basis for any action taken by the Board of Directors. Responsibility for enforcement of this Code of Conduct shall reside with the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors shall take whatever measures deemed necessary to enforce this Code of Conduct, and may enact any consequence it deems necessary, up to and including censure, suspension or termination of any position of authority previously given in the organization as well as participation in activities/groups/events and web pages. Board of Directors reserves the right to make a recommendation for removal of any member from VAOK membership if said member is in violation of the Virginia Oath Keepers Code of Conduct. Any member may appeal to VAOK if they do not agree with the decisions of the SCP and membership.
NOTE: It is required that every Virginia Oath Keepers Member fill out the below form!